Turner Construction Company is an industry-leading construction services company focused on Building Information Modeling and lean construction. They have approximately 10,000 employees across the globe and provide services to Malaysia, Vietnam, and Thailand from their Malaysian office, where they operate as Turner International.
Turner first used HoloBuilder on the Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) Platinum Project in Kuala Lumpur, which was an expansion of the existing TNB headquarters for Malaysia’s primary electric utility provider.
The TNB project was complex, and the Turner team needed a tool that could help them improve coordination and overall project management without requiring too many people on-site due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place. It was crucial to adopt a solution that could facilitate secure and efficient virtual collaboration.
The extensive project included the construction of:
- 4 interconnected office towers ranging from 7 to 19 stories
- A central plaza
- A 1,200-capacity conference center
- A club and society building
- A childcare space
“The alternative is to debate about the issue on-site without any historical photographic evidence. Instead, we just project the captured conditions and resolve it over a conference call.”
— Adib, Turner Project Engineer on the TNB Platinum Project
When Turner implemented 360° photography with HoloBuilder on the TNB Platinum project, they were able to easily coordinate and monitor on-site activities, minimize project delays, and keep clients up to date – all while reducing time on-site and complying with COVID-19 limitations.
After the success of the TNG Platinum project, Turner began using HoloBuilder on several of their other projects, including the high-profile Merdeka 118 tower, which will rank as the second-tallest building in the world and the tallest in Southeast Asia upon completion. It is one of the largest projects in Malaysia to date.
“HoloBuilder gives our clients a sense of security by bringing the job closer to them. They now have the ability to view their projects at their fingertips.”
– Chen Sern Wee, Business Development Manager for Turner International Malaysia
With the help of HoloBuilder’s construction progress management tool, Turner was able to:
- Leverage 360° photo documentation to resolve disputes within hours instead of approximately 3 days
- Review projects in greater detail using 360° photos and drone photography
- Monitor timescales with greater accuracy through more precise site perspective and validation
- Seamlessly coordinate site activities for complex projects while complying with strict COVID-19 restrictions
- Keep clients up to date on project progress with instant access from their own mobile phones and tablets
- Further position themselves as a leader in construction and project management services in Malaysia